January 20, 2013
Question: What do I have to do? Is it finally time? Am I ready?
1. Janet (the Querent): Seven of Wands – two forces at odds in balance, something defended, caged
2. Tam Lin (the Desire): Ten of Cups – serenity, harmony, working together, emotional balance
3. Carterhaugh (the Situation): Seven of Pentacles – Fruitful, knowing when to pick and when to leave alone, risk
4. The Rose (the Inciting Incident): X-Wheel of Fortune – Fate, ever cycling, forces at work.
5. The Faery Queen (the Opposition): Three of Swords – Despair, attack, death/dying
6. The Obstacles (the Challenges)
First Obstacle: IV-the Emperor – Stagnation
Second Obstacle: Five of Cups – emotional setback, separation
Third Obstacle: Ten of Pentacles – Dragon
7. The Curse (the Sacrifice): Page of Pentacles – Growth, the light, another dragon (sleeping)
Seven of Cups jumped out at the end.
These are my notes for the reading I did back in January, after coming across an image that caught my attention. That image was, to me, a sign that the time had come for…something. For what, I still don’t know, but I lay the cards to get a better idea of what was to come.
Reading through it again now, I am still skeptical. Seeing a card like the Wheel of Fortune, though, in the Rose position makes me pause. “Fate?” I wonder. “How romantic and wishy can you get?”
I have fought for many years to balance the two halves of my mind and my life: the skeptic and the believer. For years, I’ve debated whether or not this is all in my head and if I’m mad, something the Seven of Cups decided to emphasize when I did my reading here. There are many options to me here, and I can choose to believe what the cards say or to ignore it and pretend it means nothing.
What does it all mean? Fuck if I know, dear reader. To be honest, I’m still debating whether any of this is real or if I’ve somehow tripped down a rabbit hole.